Monterra is committed to maximizing your homebuilding experience. Because we have extensive understanding of home building, we are able to streamline the process.
Because we are conscious of our bearing on the environment, we continually take steps to further our education and reduce our impact. Our management team consists of staff who have been trained and Built Green certified. Your homewill be part of a process that exceeds the environmental building standard.
Throughout the building process these are a few of the steps we take (subject to client approval):
• The overall design of your home and placement on the lot to optimize natural light
• Options of additional mechanical equipment to increase overall heating, cooling and air quality and efficiency
• Solar and on demand hot water system options
• Prioritized local purchasing
• The home is envelope sealed to maximize air tightness
• Sealing of penetrations after the rough in stages are completed
• Optional spray foam insulation
Beginning the process
We provide you with the opportunity to meet with various members of our team and tour our show home to discuss your personal lifestyle needs. We take the time to clearly understand your vision and provide you with appropriate options while adhering to your budget.
During the process
Home building is twofold. We begin with the design process, adapting and adjusting the home to meet your specific needs. Once the final blueprints are completed, we will obtain a building permit and provide you with an accurate schedule and cost breakdown for the completion of your project.
Following the design, construction commences. The team at Monterra will strive to provide you with every desired result for your new home. Throughout every phase of construction, you will have the ability to view and discuss the progress of your home.
Completing the process
Upon completion, Garry will personally accompany you on a walk through of your new home and ensure that everything exceeds your expectations.